Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Blessings

I pray everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving. I, like many, used some of my day yesterday to just really stop, think and reflect on what I am so thankful for. Unfortunately this Thanksgiving has been bitter sweet for our family. Mark left a few days before Thanksgiving to go and spend time with his father who's health is beginning to decline. While his visit was under sad circumstances, I praised God yesterday that Mark was able to spend Thanksgiving with his father. This was definitely a very special day for them. A day that they could just be themselves, share stories with one another and pray and praise God for what is next. I am so grateful that we don't have to try to guess what comes after this life on Earth. God promises those who follow Him what their eternity will be. I am so thankful that no matter how or when followers of Christ leave these bodies on earth, that one day we will all be dancing together in Heaven rejoicing with our Lord.

I had many opportunities to count my blessings yesterday during our Thanksgiving meal. We shared a beautiful meal with several other families. I believe we counted 28 poeple in all. Marks mom was with us too which made it extra special. The food was fabulous and the atmosphere was warm and welcoming. It made for a beautiful afternoon. At one point during the meal I walked by the young children's table. It was a moment which made me stop in my tracks and say in my mind "Thank You Lord". It was a beautiful moment. As I walked by my eyes scanned the table. At the table were Annabel and Jacob along with 5 other younger children. Two of which were also adopted within the last two years. My heart just kind of sunk as I thought of how amazing God was. How He brought all 4 of these children, all born from different parents, halfway around the world into Christian homes to share their lives together in America. I am so thankful for those two that I don't even know how to fully put it into words. I would have to say that Annabel and Jacob have brought a new joy into our home that all of us have been blessed by so much. When I see Amber and Joey with them, caring for them as they have learned to do, it makes my heart full. I watch them when they help with bath time or when they comfort a hurt finger and kiss it better. They both truly love these two little ones so much.

Thank you Lord for the tender hearts that you have given to Amber and Joey. Thank you that you are preparing them to one day be fabulous parents to their own children. Thank you that you have opened their eyes to how blessed they are to be in a loving home. Amber and Joey are growing up before my eyes. I do not even want to think about them leaving our home for college, but I know the day is fast approaching. I have been truly blessed by both of them. It's amazing how you learn more from your kids then your kids learn from you at times. haha Thank you Jesus for all 4 of my children. Thank you that grandma Jan lives near us and is able to share in their lives as well. She is a huge blessing to us all. And thank you for my husband Mark. I am thankful for his kind and generous heart. For his words of encouragement and for the way he loves his family, his kids and myself. I am so thrilled to have the opportunity to grow old together. Jesus, most importantly I am thankful for my faith, my salvation and my future with you in Heaven one day. I certainly don't deserve it, but you saved me anyway. That is true, unconditional love that none of us really deserve. But you see past what we actually deserve and you bless us anyway. Thank you!!

No comments: