Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I love this time of year

I absolutely love this time of year. As we get ready to celebrate the birth of our Savior I am reminded of all the sweet friends and family around the US that I don't get to see on a regular basis. I am enjoying getting in touch with those who have moved away or who simply don't live in my area. I absolutely love sending and receiving Christmas cards. I have heard that Christmas cards are becoming a thing of the past because everyone is so into emails now-a-days. I hope that day never comes in our home. I still enjoy opening my mail box and seeing a pile of Christmas cards. I love sitting down with a warm cup of hot chocolate and then catching up on everyone's lives. It is especially fun to see how children have grown since last Christmas. I have really enjoyed receiving the cards from the families that I traveled to China with in 2007. I can't believe how much all those sweet little babies, mostly with shaved heads just like Annabel had, have grown up so much. And they all have hair now. It is just too fun. One day we will have to have a reunion with all of our treasured kiddos. Anyway, thank you to all, near and far, who have thought of us this Christmas season. You have blessed us very much by sharing your lives with us. Praise God for family, friends and fellowship.

No comments: